Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cake Decorating Classes!!

Hey everyone!!

So how many of you have wanted to either perfect your cake decorating skills, learn how to make frosting correctly, or how to manipulate fondant? Now, I am not ashamed to admit that I've always wanted to learn how to perfect my skills and learn how to make and manipulate fondant. So one day I found the class that will help us all. And it is not expensive because every class is currently 50% off (I think it always is 50% off) and you receive 10% off every item you have to purchase for the class.

Wilton (the makers of almost every baking equipment you may own, want, or NEED to own) has cake decorating classes that everyone can take!! How awesome is that!?  They have the following four different classes for you to choose from: Course1: Wilton Decorating Basics; Course 2: Wilton Flowers and Cake Design; Course 3: Wilton Gum Paste and Fondant; and Course 4: Wilton Advanced Gum Paste Flowers. And the awesome part is that you do not have to take all four. Just take the ones you want to take. However, if you are not really good with the basics, Course 1 ends up being the prerequisite for Course 2 and Course 3...and Course 3 is the prerequisite for Course 4. But I would still recommend taking Course 1 even if you think you know everything about cake decorating basics. I thought I knew all there is to know about making frosting and the techniques used for decorating a cake, but I was wrong. I learned so much from the basics class that it was well worth the money in my book.

Now, if you are even slightly interested in taking one of these cake decorating classes, go to the Wilton website to find the locations near you that have them. I went to Michael's for my first class and will continue to go there for the next 2 classes I want to take.

But before I finish this post, I guess I should also give you all a warning...
Warning:  If you take these classes, you might run out of space to hold your baking equipment. I did! Now all my stuff is in the buffet server I have in my dinning room. And I still want more stuff!! SMH. So I guess you can say walking into a craft store that has every baking item you have ever dreamed of on a weekly basis is bad for your living space and your wallet. But if you go to Michael's, you will have so many coupons that you walk away winning most of the time. For example, I bought a 3-in-1 regular sized cupcake, mini cupcake, sheet cake holder for $8 the other day. It's original price was $20. SMH. Coupons work!!

If you want to find out more about my experience with the class, contact me. :)

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment