Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pesto Salmon with Pasta

Hey everyone!! As you already now, I am way behind in my blog posts. But this week is catch-up week for me. So do not be surprised if you see six new blog posts this week. :)

So one day last month, I was talking to one of my friends who has the Dark Yet Lovely blog and we got on the topic of dinner (I probably was hungry at the time). During our conversation about food, she gave me this great idea of seasoning my salmon up with pesto (the same pesto that has been sitting in the jar staring at me for months). Therefore, I ended up making the delicious meal you see below. Try it and let me know what you think or what variations you made to the recipe.

Take care!

Pesto Salmon with Pasta


Ingredients:
  • Salmon fillet, thawed
  • Pesto seasoning, approximately 3 tablespoons
  • Seasonings: Black pepper, Italian seasoning, Adobo, crushed pepper, etc. (whatever you want to use)
  • Spinach
  • Cooked pasta (any type you like)
  • Pepperidge Farm Mozzarella Monterey Jack Texas Toast (or regular garlic bread if you bread)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat baking dish with butter (or Pam).
  2. Season salmon fillet with black pepper, Italian seasoning, Adobo, and pesto seasoning. (I like to add my own seasoning to give added flavor.)
  3. Place salmon in a lightly buttered pan and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes. (Timing depends on the thickness of the salmon fillet you are using. But cook until salmon is cooked through.)
  4. While the salmon is baking, boil pasta according to the instructions on the box.When the pasta is al dente, drain and add about 2-3 teaspoons of pesto to the pasta and mix well.
  5. Steam spinach and add seasonings (black pepper, Adobo, crushed pepper, etc) until you are comfortable with the taste.
  6. Once salmon is complete, remove from oven and allow to cool.
  7. If you are making the Texas Toast, follow instructions on the package.
  8. Once everything is complete, plate pasta, top with spinach and then top the spinach with a piece of the salmon fillet.
Enjoy!

Note: I did not give exact measurements of the pasta and salmon fillet because I wanted you to have room to make as much or as little as you want. Personally, I only cook enough for 2-3 meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment