Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Hi everyone!

For Labor Day weekend, one of my friends from over at Dark Yet Lovely came to visit me for the weekend. As a fellow baker herself, she wanted to bake something over the weekend. So after many deliberations, she decided on Pumpkin Cupcakes. So I went to the Betty Crocker® website and loosely used the Spiced Pumpkin Cupcake recipe. Then while I was baking, I realized that I did not want to make the same cream cheese frosting I made for the Carrot Cake cupcakes, so I tried something a little lighter. I actually prefer the lighter recipe. It is the right amount of cream cheese and I didn't have a ton of frosting left over. But I want you all to try this recipe and let me know what you think. It is great recipe for fall.

Take care!

Pumpkin Cupcakes

 
Regularly Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes

Cream Cheese Frosting Filled Pumpkin Cupcake


Ingredients:
  • For Cupcakes:
    • 1 box of Betty Crocker® SuperMoist®  yellow cake mix
    • 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
    • 4 eggs
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
  • For Cream Cheese Frosting:
    • 1 package (8 oz) package of cream cheese
    • 4 cups of sifted confectioner's sugar
    • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/4 cup butter, softened
Directions:
  • For cupcakes:
    1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups
    2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
    3. Bake 19 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
  • For Cream Cheese Frosting:
    1. Combine all ingredients and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment